Saturday, May 15, 2010

what I've learned

I really don't try to neglect this blog and I'm sorry if this is online... journal? will in the end become one of those "I used to read this blog..." kind of blog.


But I promise, you haven't missed much. This was originally created because i was a new eager college freshman and wanted some type of documentation but now that school is out I've just been packing up my parents house because they are moving in a couple weeks to Ohio!


I've been relatively living on my own for the past 8 months (minus the weekends I would go home & visit friends and family) and I've come to collect an abundance of knowledge outside the realm of classrooms and lectures.


1. When wanting to eat apples & peanut butter, there is no need to cut the apple into slices. Just simply bite the apple and apply peanut butter directly on the surface. Bite & Repeat.
2. Do whatever it takes to use the least amount of dishes, even if this means drinking straight from the carton. What does it really matter though? You bought it... :)
3. Invest in good walking shoes or at least bribe someone for a good foot rub. I love my sandals and  cowboy boots as much as any other girl, but after a long day of classes and walking across campus, all I want to do is put my feet up.
4. The school newspaper lists fun events for that week. Another way of looking like I'm really reading the newspaper.
5. It's not really the case that you meet a lot of people on campus if you live on campus... sadly enough that was my case
6. The library has a poetry closet.
7. It also has a secret vinyl collection and has hip books like Nylon Global Street Style
8.  Art is everywhere.
9. If one roommate makes another one mad or cry, it's always for the better because then they will either move out or become a hermit. Either way, a problem is solved. Sad but true.
10. I haven't quite gained that much more knowledge but when I come home I realize high schoolers look at me differently which is pretty cool I guess.


stay in school.


1 reviews:

Jessie said...

I don't know where they moved it, but the old library had a whole collection of Beat lit, too. It was amazing. Man I miss that place sometimes.