Sunday, July 4, 2010

this land is your land

happy fourth of july!

I've always loved the firework show. 
Patriotism is all in the barbecue, the family, the whole she-bang! 
But the fireworks will always be my favorite. 

How can you celebrate our country's freedom 
without big explosives in the sky? 
You just can't. 

It all begins with a couple starter fireworks to build up the anticipation.
Then you move on to the booming sounds that 
fill your ears which you (in my case) begin to hate, 
but start to love even up to the finale.
Then before you know it's over and your shouting for more.

Living in this big Ohio suburban neighborhood,
every direction you look there are houses shooting up
big real fireworks so the show is really all around you.
Which is pretty cool. 
{plus fireworks have been going since last thursday}

The best July 4ths I've ever spent were in New Hampshire.
My older sisters and brothers were there and all
the kids I've known since I was 5 years old.
There were live bands and food vendors and all those
carny games you see at Sixx Flags.
Plus the show was always an hour long or longer,
 much better than this year's 10 minute show.

hope you all had an amazing fourth of July!

1 reviews:

Kenzi said...

i miss you kelly.
i seems like we havent talked in forever