Tuesday, December 1, 2009

CVTD

(Cache Valley Transit District)
or in other words...
"THE BUS"
Remember how in High School riding the bus was really lame? Well it's just like that in College too. And you know how ever since Rosa Parks sitting in the back was cool? Yeah, still like that too. There are never any seats in the back, because thats where you really want to be if you want to get further away from the creepers upfront. But since I don't have my car with me, I have no choice but to like the bus. But it's really not that bad, especially once you get over the smell. Oh my gosh, THE SMELL IS HORRIBLE. Each bus smells like a bad case of BO and Bus #5 has some BO/Baby Powder smell going on. Baby Powder smells nasty. 
Plus the people who ride the bus are... lovely people.
Yesterday while on my way to the plasma center, the bus had just started to leave the transit center when a guy ran up the door and banged on it as to board the bus. He was Mexican and had red-orange hair and thick black eyebrows... Interesting.
Also little kids will ride the bus too because there is an elementary school on campus for the elementary education majors. One girl sat behind me saying curse words and that if anyone didn't let her rest today she would "beat them with a crutch". Kids these days...
And I also have the worst luck with some people. One of my first times riding the bus I leaned forward and asked the woman in front of me what time the buses stopped running. She didn't have lips. She looked at me (hopefully my face didn't show how shocked I was...) and just sort of moaned. I said "Oh, thank you!" and the man in front of her answered my question. 
Another time while on my way to the plasma center I got off the bus and a man followed me all the way down to the light, crossed the road, and to the building complex where the center was. It took me about 10 minutes to turn to him and say "are you following me?" No. He was just going to the same place I was. 



I also love the Plasma Center because I meet the coolest, most interesting people there! I've grown to be friends with most of the workers there so they are always sure I get the purple medical tape I like, and are sure they prick me semi-painlessly and sometimes they'll all gather around my donating bed and talk about the most random, funny topics. It's a real treat donating plasma. (my brother-in-law says I'm selling my plasma... that doesn't sound as wholesome)
xox

3 reviews:

Kenzi said...

HAHAHA i laughed a little out loud thinking about you talking to a no lipped human. glad to know your bus is as creepy as mine.

Cory & Kimmy said...

hahaha... the buses totally smell bad! I know exactly what you are talking about. Alyssa and I occasionally took the bus, try going grocery shopping and having a ton of bags and taking the bus, it was about 4 hours round trip. And our baby powder smells good.

Anonymous said...

ah! my friend Rob and I took the bus to Walmart once and we got verbally attacked by this creepy misogynist on the bus. He started off the one-sided conversation with "women these days have NOTHING to bitch about"...so I had to grind my teeth and restrain from going on a feminist rampage