Sunday, December 6, 2009

guess what...

my parents are moving.
TO OHIO
of all places!



I never imagined my parents living in the midwest! Ohio is now where I will spend my summer vacations and Christmas breaks. It's a bittersweet occasion, hearing about this move. There are good things that come out of it along with the bad.
MOVING TO OHIO
PROS
experience something different
meet new people
quality time with my family during long breaks
Kasey gets to go to a new high school (this could also be a con)
the green!! trees & grass & no mountains!
we may still be keeping our Utah home
my brother & his wife will rent to live in our home if we do keep it
with the house, I will always have a place to stay
Katie & Colin may move out there too, so Katie will have my mom when she has a newborn
CONS
my mom & dad & little sis will be far away
I won't be able to visit them when I come home for weekends
my parents will miss the lives of the grandchildren growing up
there isn't much to do in Ohio I hear
the humidity...
my parents haven't been able to experience all of Utah like they wanted
cost of many plane tickets
Kasey won't have instate tuition for Utah


I am coming to terms with this move and even though I'm really sad, a part of me is excited to visit Ohio in the summer. But then again, another part of me is sad to be missing out on Utah in the summer. See the dilemma? 


p.s. I should be studying for my finals this week, but somehow I keep getting distracted...

4 reviews:

Kenzi said...

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!
when are they moving kelly??

Kelly Hannah K said...

Pops moves in January but Mom & Little Sis move in May-June....

Katie Rogerson said...

You forgot another Pro... Ohio is closer to fun places to visit! Like NY (Think Palmyra), NH, DC, Boston... More reasonable driving distances.

Unknown said...

Not that I wouldn't want you close but I love your house in Utah! I love spending my summers with you in the nice warm place. And seeing the mountains. I guess I'm going close to there soon enough. But I will really miss your house in Utah. And even though your closer to me you wont really drive to see me cause that's still a very long drive...