Tuesday, December 8, 2009

work christmas party

So here at college, I have an on campus job in the catering services which is really nice because it's close and... I get to know a lot of people...
Tonight there was the
WORK CHRISTMAS PARTY
including all areas of the catering services,
1. The Hub
2. Quickstop
3. Marketplace
I made it sound fancy by saying "catering services", didn't I? Nope, it's just like a fast food area & buffet style area and gas station-like area. Really fancy.


I arrived to the soiree with my friend Becky aside me. As we searched the room for openings at tables for people we relatively knew we alas ending up sitting at a table, alone. Yes, alone. But don't worry, it was fun! Or, funny I guess that we were alone. Needless to say we kept ourselves entertained. Along with catered food, our boss who is over every area of catering had us take a little quiz... "How well do you know me?"
I thought those kind of quizzes were only for myspace or facebook?
it was weird. Becky & I both failed. 100% failure.
Next there was a raffle!!!
Who doesn't love a raffle? Other than those who don't win anything.
Prizes consisted of a Wii, an iPod, skull candy gear, then stuff like t-shirts & gift cards
But don't worry, I won something.
Yes, when the boss's, Jamie, daughter who was around 5 years old announced the winner of each prize she pronouced
"kewwy killer"
adorable right??? NO.
it's not adorable if after your name is announced that it's pure silence in the room. It wasn't until I was half way up to receive my prize that some clapping & whooting began.
It was embarrassing, but I laughed & got over it...
But then again, my prize was embarassing too.

A camo Vault hat & a Blazer XL t-shirt.

what's worse
getting a prize you hate?
or
not winning at all?

because I hated this prize. I won't lie. Hahaha...

hope you all have better luck at your work christmas parties!!!

3 reviews:

Jessie said...

Hahaha, love the party... what a boss. :) And the prize--you aren't excited about the camo hat? Kelly, come on! Love it.

And yes, Cory's work party was significantly better, sorry. They had good food, Wii Sports (the new one) in one room, and Rock Band and a pool table in the other. Plus they passed out bonuses. Always a good night when bonuses are involved. :)

Kelly Hannah K said...

it's always a good night when camo hats aren't involved. Glad you had fun at the party!! :)

Cory & Kimmy said...

hahaha.. I hope to see you in that hat soon!