Saturday, January 23, 2010

friends of insight


I have this friend who I'm not sure he realizes how talented he is.


He always amazes me with his prose and poems. Each time I read something that he writes I get this huge smile and think "I'm so lucky to have friends that are not only really cool, but really talented and make me want to be better at everything."


He is so eccentric, hip, and fashionable. Once we played checkers and watched The Lizzie McGuire Movie, and I had never laughed so hard!
And he is quite the Music Gypsy. Always willing to share the jewels of music he finds with me, and I as well trade with him.


Man walking. Step. Step. Step.
Rubs me the wrong way.
Wears his brown shoes a little too dressy,
and a little too caked with clay.
Wears his blue jeans a little too wrangler,
and a little too blue, true blue.
Wears his black shirt a little too Walmart,
with a sentence a little too ew.
Has a belly a little too prominent,
and pasty flesh a little too white.
Wears a beard a little too bushy,
and red hair a little too bright.
And as this man goes walking by,
I make my conclusion final.
Man, there's not one thing wrong with you,
I'm just a little too judgmental.
         -Michael Morris Hill
(his blog here)

4 reviews:

Kenzi said...

this kid totally added me on faceboob when i had it. glad to know i accepted a cool hip young man!

Unknown said...

KELLY KILGER!!! You have a blog?! I am so upset I didnt know this earlier. I just found you through Kimmy's page! Better now than never I guess! I love you!

Kenzi said...

ps kelly. can i have your address?

Reggie Leppod said...

Wow... Kelly... Woooooow. I dont know what to say. I saw this like a week ago and I still don't know what to say. So I guess I'll just say this.

THANK YOU.

Your the best. And ten points for use of a Banksy picture! He's my Idol. How did you know? Minds think alike I guess. Love ya Kels. ;)