Saturday, January 23, 2010

letters #2



dear turntable,
I am so happy you are not a Lazy Susan. If you were I would never have known this happiness that has overcome me. Each time I hear that 'click' that the record has stopped playing meaning I get to turn it over to side B. Or that I can turn the speed up and listen to music in almost a chipmunk voice, making my nieces glow with happy. Or the fact that my brother-in-law showed me the proper way to listen to secret messages backwards. I love you Lazy Susan (official name for the turntable).



dear bed,
I always forget how much I've missed you after leaving to school, especially how great I feel in the mornings. Keep up the good work.


dear snow,
I don't know why you insist on staying in my life for the next few months. Not trying to rude or anything, but the sooner you melt away, the better.


dear Spring,
I miss you. I miss the warm hugs your wind gives me in the morning when I walk outside. I miss the green grass and the sun shining on my face. I miss everything about you.

1 reviews:

Anonymous said...

Kelkel I'm so glad you decided to name your turntable "Lazy Susuan." haha I laughed so hard when I read that!